7 Reasons You Should Never Give Up (even when you already have)
I remember the promise I made last year when I started my Uplift newsletter. I made the commitment to myself, and to you, that I would be consistent. That this was a priority, and nothing would get in the way.
Then I missed one week because I was finishing my book.
Have you noticed the minute you miss something once, it’s like all the months you worked so hard to create the habit, disappear?
It’s been 3 months since the last time I sent you anything. I can’t even tell you why. I just got lazy, distracted, and focused on other things.
But it’s ok. I’m back and not going anywhere. So here are 7 reasons to get back on the horse, and do what makes you feel good, even after you have given up.
- No one cares you fell off. Seriously! Why beat yourself up worrying about what other people are thinking? No one is sitting around stewing about what you haven’t done. They are worried about something they aren’t doing too.
- Because it feels good. Like really good. Giving yourself permission to release the fear and get back to what you were doing, guilt free, is mega awesomesauce!
- Taking action creates momentum. Chances are, you are feeling a little blah about whatever it is you have given up on. One small step to get back into the habit, starts a whole lot of steam behind you. Choo choo!
- You are getting cranky. You may have noticed your increase of bad moods because you aren’t following through on what you started. If it’s not something you liked, let it go. If it was, force yourself to do it once. I know force is a harsh word, but in this context, it means, just do it anyway. Even if you aren’t “feeling it”. The payoff will be amazing!
- Believe in yourself. You are your number one cheerleader. Period. If you want to achieve something, go for it. Do it because YOU want it.
- Break a pattern. Even when we create habit we don’t like, all we have to do is change it. One action today, breaks the negative loop you are currently in.
- Because you are a kick ass person and deserve amazing things. There I said it. It’s out in the Universe. If you want the world, go grab it. You have a gift everyone needs, so shine that light and do what makes your soul sing.
Speaking about writing a book and getting distracted.
I would love to give a free copy to you all for being so amazing and coming on this journey with me.
Let me know if you have any questions, and have the MOST MAGICAL WEEKEND EVER!!